Thursday, November 13, 2008

On Physical Education:

Dear Ella's Psychotic Mom,
Your daughter needs tennis shoes in order for her to participate in P.E. class. School has been in session for nearly three months now, she has been coming to my class with out shoes twice each week....can you get your crap together and send her in some appropriate footwear?
Sincerely,
P.E. Teacher

Dear P.E. Teacher,
First off, could you send one of those square scooters home with Ella? Aside from occasionally running over my fingers--I just loved those things and would really enjoy riding one down my street. As for the shoes, here's the deal: my daughter is lying. She has had a perfectly appropriate pair of tennis shoes in her locker since day one. She has a thing about shoes....and socks....and jeans....and ponytails....and crumply papers.....among a slew of other things. She doesn't like the tennis shoes because they are "not beautiful." I too, don't think they are very beautiful, so I can't blame her. We've talked about the situation and she has "promised" me she'll remember that she, in fact, does have gym shoes and socks. Please let me know if the shoes still don't make it to class, I can look into adding sequins or glitter to them, that might help.
Sincerely,
That Mom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly was there when Ryan walked out of the operating room with Ella, I know that she was removed from my daughter. But other than that - WHERE DID SHE COME FROM!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I love it! When my sister was in first or second grade, my mom went to her teacher and said, "Mrs. So And So, Karen said that..." The teacher stopped her and said, "I'll make you a deal. I'll only believe half of what Karen tells me about you if you only believe half of what Karen says about me." Seems appropriate here, too.

Now onto the PE teacher.... Is she new? Stupid? Both? What's up? Didn't they CHECK her locker before sending a note home to you?!?!?! Goodness.

The Mommy said...

I know, bedazzle the sneakers!

Rima said...

The girl's got style!