Sunday, September 7, 2008

Virgin Poison Control Caller:

PC: Hello, Poison Control, could you hold please?
Mama: Um, yeah, I guess. [Hold?! What? My son could be dying and you're putting me on hold?!]
pc: Poison Control, how can I help you?
m: hi, yeah, my son ate toothpaste. I think about an ounce or so. The kid's kind. but not the infant kind without flouride, the kind with flouride....and isn't it the flouride that's toxic??
pc: [whoa crazy lady, let me talk] How old is your son?
m: 27 months.
pc: Oh ok, just over two.....he ate just an ounce?
m: yeah, I think so.
pc: Oh, we don't worry about an ounce. Two ounces is the magic number when it comes to toothpaste. He'll be fine. He might vomit a few times, but nothing to worry about.
m: oh, alright, thanks for your help, I can sleep now [yes, yes, I am crazy...I already know that, but thanks]
pc: Can I get your zipcode?
m: [oh, no, they're going to put me on the same list that the fire & police have me on!!] Um....yeah.....55364. [don't ask me my name, don't ask me my name....]
pc: Thank you ma'am, have a good night.
m: yep thanks! [now go help someone who's son has swallowed a bottle of drano or ate a rat poison sandwich]

6 comments:

easy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mama said...

I deleted the above comment b/c the author's blog was in russian (or something) and I'm sure she's a super swell person and a really great mom, but since I couldn't read her blog--and nor could most of you (unless there's something you haven't told me) I thought it'd be best to delete it. My sincerest apologies to EASY (blog name) and hopefully no hard feelings...unless of course you're a crazy stalker, then go visit someone else's blog.

Anonymous said...

My first call was when Max drank 1/4 bottle of bubble stuff at 15 months old.

The second one, the scary one, was when I accidentally gave him 1 tsp of PURPLE cough medicine instead of PURPLE motrin at 20 months old. And adult amount to a 1 1/2 year old who isn't even supposed to HAVE cough medicine!! I could barely breathe. I can still feel the fear and sorrow I felt when I realized 3 seconds after I had given it to him what I had done. I stayed up all night watching his poor little chest breathing and scared out of my mind.

Anonymous said...

guess it happens with #2, I'll have to keep an eye on her!

The Mommy said...

So far our only call was because we both gave Dylan his Zyrtek one night. Oops. He was fine, too. And, as for the Russian blog, I could translate for you. :)

The Mommy said...

So far our only call was because we both gave Dylan his Zyrtek one night. Oops. He was fine, too. And, as for the Russian blog, I could translate for you. :)