Sunday, September 28, 2008

stealth napper:

What's better than a nap on a sunday afternoon on a cool, crisp fall day?
1:00pm: Went to church, ate a lovely breakfast at McD's, finished HSM2, daddy's gone at the Twin's game....it's time for naps. Grant agrees, Ella does not. I take grant up, do the nap routine, read a book, rock, sing the song of his choice (today it was baby beluga), lay him down...sweet nappies!
Next, Ella.
m: ella, it's time to lay down for a while
e: I'm not tired, can I play polly pocket quietly in my room?
m: yes, but I'm going to take a nap and you cannot wake me up. You cannot come barging in for me to fix barbie's hair or snap on polly's tiny shoes. Do you understand?
e: k.
1:30pm: I'm out.
2:30pm:
e: mom! mom! wake up! Can I go outside?
m: no, not until I'm finished w/my nap. I told you not to wake me up.
e: but why can't I go outside.
m: because I'm sleeping. why don't you lay down, or go find a book to read, you must be tired...
e: I'm NOT TIRED!!!
m: okay, well go out of here, you're being disrespectful of my nap.
3:30pm:
Mama wakes up to absolute silence. I look over in the bed thinking ella might have laid down beside me, nope. Get up, check her room. nope, not there either. Go downstairs, check the couch, nope not there. Beginning to panic just a bit, I check the doors, they're still locked so she must be in the house somewhere. Check her room again, including under the bed and in the closet, nope. Worrying more now. Finally, head into our bathroom/closet hallway to find this:Ta-dah! (Disregard the state of the closet, it has seasonal transition disorder) Silly girl. I'm anxious for her to wake up to hear the story as to why she choose this particular nook for today's siesta....stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did that girl come from?

Anonymous said...

If you have another baby, say bye bye to those 2 hour naps! jeez!

Anonymous said...

I totall know what you mean by "seasonal transition disorder"! I am so frustrated by the state of our closets, drawers and mud room. It's so hard to stay organized when you are wearing shorts and flip flops one day and jackets and boots the next!