Saturday, July 19, 2008

on being two:

grant and his buddy jack had their first official playdate while j's mama & daddy went to a party. they were so precious, but SO two! (they are just 16 days apart-so they are VERY two) this is how it went:
g: my truck
j: no, mine!
g: my vacuum!
j: no my vacuum
m: boys, we have three vacuums and there are only two of you, so let's each have one, okay?
g & j: hmmmm......yeah, ok, deal.
j: my mac!
g: no my truck
m: grant, that IS your truck, but since Jack is our guest-we're going to let him play with it (not- to-mention you haven't played with the darn thing in six months!!)
g: nnnnnno.
j: yyyyyeees. mine.
m: do you boys want a cookie?
g & j: Yeah!!! cookie!!! yeah cookie! I want cookie!!
COOKIE = ONE MINUTE OF PEACE
j: my milk!!
m: grant you have the cup with the yellow top, jack has a purple top, grant that IS jack's milk, please give it to him
g: nnnnnno, my milk.
j: gant, lello cup!
mama intervention, swap milks, grant has tantrum
COOKIE + MILK = 30 SECONDS PEACE + ONE TANTRUM

Take away: thank god we didn't have twins.

-break time with bob the builder-
-totally twos-

No comments: