Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dearest Ella & Grant,
You ARE NOT infants. It is no longer okay for you to wake at 2, 3 and 4 am every night. Really, this is getting ridiculous. Daddy and I are tired. Ok, I know I'm the sucker who lets you come into our bed, but really, I'm only doing it so I don't have to hear "mama? mama? mama! mama, open da doooor, mama-I seep in mama's bed! I cos eyes! mama, I niiiice....mama?!" at 2, 3 and 4 am. When I do give in and you do snuggle-up in bed, just one of you, it's fine, it's cozy- I really do love it. But, when it's both of you and the two dogs, you leave me and daddy all of 3-1/2 inches of space to try and muster up a little REM. You are not thirsty. You have 4 nah-nahs in your crib. There are no monsters, remember, we have monster spray. You both have lovely bedrooms. I urge you to reconsider this plot against your parents.

With love,
Your v-e-r-y sleepy mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to have your children read your Blog? You know you never slept through the night until you were 10 years old and I got you a heated water bed!